Makati is the financial and commercial center of the Philippines, and has been an attractive destination for businesses of all sizes. It has been a particularly attractive option for small businesses, many of which have established a presence in the city. Makati offers a range of advantages to small businesses, but there are also some drawbacks to consider.
- Convenient Location: Makati is centrally located and is easily accessible from other major cities in the Philippines. It is also close to Manila’s international airport, making it a convenient destination for international visitors.
- Comprehensive Infrastructure: Makati has an extensive infrastructure, including reliable electricity, telecommunications, and transportation networks.
- Connected Talent Pool: Makati is home to major universities, providing access to a highly-skilled workforce.
- Established Business Network: Makati has an established business network, with a number of well-known companies located in the city. This makes it easier for small businesses to find potential partners and customers.
- Tax Incentives: Makati offers a number of tax incentives for businesses, including lower corporate taxes and exemptions from value-added taxes.
- Cost of Living: Makati is one of the most expensive cities in the Philippines, with a high cost of living. This may make it difficult for small businesses to recruit and retain talent.
- High Rental Costs: The cost of renting office space in Makati is significantly higher than in other parts of the country. This may make it difficult for small businesses to afford a physical presence in the city.
- Traffic Congestion: Traffic congestion is a serious problem in Makati, which can make it difficult for employees to get to work on time.
- Competition: Makati is home to many established businesses, and the competition for customers can be intense.
- Limited Support: The government provides limited support for small businesses in Makati, and there are few initiatives to help small businesses grow.
Overall, Makati can be an attractive destination for small businesses. However, it is important for business owners to weigh the pros and cons carefully before making a decision. There are a number of factors to consider, and it is important to understand the challenges that small businesses may face in the city.