Cavite, located in the Calabarzon region of the Philippines, is known for its rich history and beautiful scenery. However, there are hidden gems that are not often explored by tourists. In this local’s guide, we will uncover some of the hidden gems of Cavite.
- Maragondon River Maragondon River is a must-visit destination for nature lovers. The river flows through Maragondon and offers scenic views of its surrounding mountains. Visitors can enjoy a leisurely swim in the cool waters or explore the river’s hidden caves.
- Corregidor Island Corregidor Island is a popular destination for history buffs. The island served as a fortress during World War II, and remnants of the war can still be seen today. Visitors can take a tour of the island and explore the various structures and memorials.
- Imus Cathedral Imus Cathedral is a beautiful church that is often overlooked by tourists. The cathedral was built in the 1800s and boasts a stunning baroque architecture. Visitors can attend mass and marvel at the intricate details of the cathedral’s interior.
- Mount Pico De Loro Mount Pico De Loro is a challenging hike but offers breathtaking views of Cavite and Batangas. The mountain is known for its unique rock formation that resembles a parrot’s beak, hence its name. Visitors can reach the summit in around 4-5 hours and take in the panoramic views.
- Ternate Beach Ternate Beach is a hidden gem that offers a peaceful escape from the city’s hustle and bustle. The beach is surrounded by towering trees and clear blue waters. Visitors can relax on the beach, take a dip in the water, or go snorkeling to see the colorful marine life.
- Villa Filomena Natural Spring Resort Villa Filomena Natural Spring Resort is a hidden oasis located in the heart of Cavite. The resort features several natural hot springs that are believed to have healing properties. Visitors can soak in the warm waters and enjoy the serene surroundings.
- Balite Falls Balite Falls is a picturesque waterfall located in the town of Amadeo. The waterfall is surrounded by lush greenery and offers a refreshing break from the heat. Visitors can swim in the cool waters or have a picnic in the nearby picnic area.
In conclusion, Cavite is a hidden gem that has a lot to offer. From its stunning natural landscapes to its rich history, there is something for everyone. This local’s guide is just the tip of the iceberg, and visitors are encouraged to explore the region and discover its many hidden treasures.